The Independent Metals Testing Lab at WJMG™
The Welding & Joining Management Group™'s independent mechanical testing and nondestructive testing (NDT) laboratory is a full-service facility. Dr. Jesse A. Grantham, Professional Engineer and metals and welding expert, oversees all testing and results.
WJMG is an in-house, independent, testing facility in Frederick, Colorado. We stand by our accuracy and provide affordable, fast service.
A Multi-Pronged Approach to Metals Testing & Forensic Evaluation
For over 30 years Welding & Joining Management Group™ has successfully provided knowledge obtained by our experience, education and tests to help our clients solve their materials joining problems. We have established quality management standards to deliver accurate analysis and reports quickly and right the first time.
We provide expert witness services for your product failure analysis or manufacturing problems including comprehensive yet understandable reports.
The WJMG™ staff is a well-rounded group of qualified and experienced professionals dedicated to your needs. Call today to schedule your appointment and see why WJMG™ is refreshingly different.
Types of Materials Testing:
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) - Magnetic field applied from two directions on weld
- Penetrant Testing (PT) - Reveals discontinuities open to the surface
- Radiographic Testing (RT) - Exposure concerns, gamma and x-rays, required by many codes
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT) - Requires instrument for straight beam and shear waves
- Visual Testing (VT) - Primary method of welding inspection
- Certified Hydrostatic Testing - to 30,000 psi
The WJMG™ In House Materials Testing Arsenal:
- ARL 3460 Metals Alloy Analyzer
- Barbee P200VR Hydrostatic Tester
- Niton XL Portable Metals Alloy Analyzer
- Skidmore-Wilhelm Instrument
- Magnetic Particle Portable Yoke and 5' Bench Unit
- Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement Instrument
- Ultrasonic Flaw Detector Instrument
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection
- Metrology Instruments
The WJMG™ Mechanical Testing Arsenal:
- Tensile/Compression Testing Machine, 200,000# capacity (welds & cables, and other materials)
- Bolt Tension – Skidmore Wilhelm
- Vickers & Knoop Micro-Hardness Testing Equipment, 10kg capacity
- Rockwell A, B, C & Brinell Hardness Testing Equipment
- Portable Rockwell Hardness Testing Equipment
- Bend Test Equipment, AWS, ASME, MIL-STDS, and API Codes
- Optical Microscopes to 800X with micrographs
- Stereomicroscope, 15X with micrographs & macrographs
- Barbee P200VR Hydrostatic Tester (to 30,000 psi)